4 Easy Wig Maintenance Tips
Wigs are a great way to change up your style or cover up thinning hair. However, they do require some maintenance to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for maintaining your wig:
- Brush your wig regularly: Use a wig brush or a wide-tooth comb to gently detangle your wig. Be sure to start at the ends and work your way up to the roots to avoid damaging the wig.
- Wash your wig: Wigs should be washed every few weeks or whenever they start to look dirty. Use a wig shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for synthetic wigs and moisturizing sulfate-free shampoo for human hair wigs. Gently swish the wig in a sink filled with cool water, then apply the shampoo and work it through the hair. Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out water. Apply conditioner and work it through the wig. Rinse thoroughly and squeeze out excess water.
- Style your wig: You can style your dry wig using heat tools such as a curling iron or straightener, but be sure to use a heat protectant spray. Remember to keep heat setting low for synthetic wigs to avoid damaging the synthetic fibers. You can also use hair products such as mousse or hair spray to style your wig.
- Store your wig properly: When you're not wearing your wig, store it on a wig stand or mannequin head to help it maintain its shape. Avoid hanging synthetic wigs by the hair, as this can stretch out the fibers and cause the wig to lose its shape.
By following these simple steps, you can extend the life of your wig for many years.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.