If you're suffering from hair loss due to a medical issue your insurance company may cover or reimburse you for your custom Knottie Gyal Wig.
Here's what you need to know...
1. Check your insurance coverage
There should be a section under “covered expenses” relating to prostheses, prosthetic devices or medical durable equipment. Most insurance companies do not highlight exclusions so pay attention to the actual coverage.
2. Your physician will provide you with a prescription for your wig known in medical terms as a Full Cranial Hair Prosthesis. Be sure to call your insurance provider and find out if your policy includes this coverage (including the specific reimbursement amount and number of wigs).
3. After you purchase your Knottie Gyal wig, please inform us that the wig is being used as a medical wig and we'll provide you with a purchase receipt to submit to your insurance provider for possible direct reimbursement back to you.
4. Be sure to mail the necessary paperwork directly to your insurance provider via Certified Mail. Keep a photocopy of the purchase receipt, prescription and any reimbursement forms that you submitted to your insurance provider.
*When completing the insurance company’s reimbursement form make sure that you indicate reimbursement should be sent to you.
Don't throw out old wigs! If you have quality wigs that need a little TLC, consider getting them refurbished. We can easily bring an old wig back to life with a new closure, frontal, color, and cut.
1. Email with pictures & details on needed repairs.
2. Ship your wig to us with any additional hair needed for repairs.
3. We'll contact you when your wig is ready with photos for your approval.
4. Send payment via Zelle or Venmo.
5. After receiving payment your wig will ship within 12 hours.
. Call 3 days after sending to confirm that they received your paperwork.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.